- Written by: Wajdi Mouawad
- Translated by: Shelley Tepperman
- Directed by: Alon Nashman
- Performed by: Kaleb Alexander or Gabe Maharjan
- Set and Costume by: Lindsay Ann Black
- Produced by: Theaturtle, in association with Shakespeare in Action and Richard Jordan
Alphonse is lost, walking along a country road, weaving an intricate web of stories, while everyone is searching for him: parents, friends, teachers, the police. What they find is the thing we often give up in order to grow up.
Press & Reviews.
“Alphonse reminds us of the magic of theatre.”
Ludwig van Toronto
“Live Theatre Returns With A Brilliant Performance”
Globe and Mail
“Alphonse brings in-person theatre back to Toronto”
The Slotkin Letter
“..full of wild adventure, dazzling imagination... ”
“A modern classic"
Three Weeks, UK
"A surreal, mystical journey into the imagination..."
Winnipeg Free Press
"Nashman is a chameleon."
"A celebration of the imagination..."
Cue Magazine, South Africa
"A fun-filled journey littered with imaginary scenes"