- Written by: Wajdi Mouawad
- Translated by: Shelley Tepperman
- Directed by: Alon Nashman
- Performed by: Kaleb Alexander or Gabe Maharjan
- Set and Costume: Lindsay Ann Black
- Movement Director: Marie-Josée Chartier
- Produced by: Theaturtle, in association with Richard Jordan and The Pleasance
Alphonse is lost, walking along a country road, weaving an intricate web of stories, while everyone is searching for him: parents, friends, teachers, the police. What they find is the thing we often give up in order to grow up.
Press & Reviews.
★★★★★ "This play is everything....Flawlessly written, beautifully executed."
★★★★★ "The genius of this play is that you scarcely notice its gentle but profound probing of the life of the imagination."
The Wee Review
★★★★ "...a heart-warming and magical piece of theatre."
★★★★ “Alphonse reminds us of the magic of theatre.”
Ludwig van Toronto
★★★★★ “Live Theatre Returns With A Brilliant Performance”
Globe and Mail
“Alphonse brings in-person theatre back to Toronto”
The Slotkin Letter
★★★★★ “..full of wild adventure, dazzling imagination... ”
“A modern classic"
★★★★ "A celebration of the imagination..."
City Press Johannesburg
★★★★★ “The solo performance was indeed magical.”
For touring productions or commissioning, please contact us with all inquiries.